South West Meeting 30th March 2014

No replies
foneman
foneman's picture

Our first meet of 2014 will take place on Sunday the 30th March. We will meet at 10.30 near Junction 32 of the M4 and then travel using various green lanes for approximately 1-2hrs. The terain we cover will be varied, but will also be suitable for those with only minimal off road driving experience.There will be several good opportunities for photographs enroute so we will make a few stops. Our destination will be Big Pit Museum which was one of the last deep mines in Wales to close. On arrival we will be given a guided tour 300ft underground, this tour is usually conducted by ex miners  and lasts approximately 1hr. On our return to the surface we can take a light lunch in the canteen before having freetime to explore some of the other exhibits. The trip will be limited to six vehicles with GWOA members having priority. Numbers will be limited to a maximum of twenty. If you are interested please contact me and I will provide further details to you. A deposit will be required to reserve your place. As always if I have insufficient numbers by 1st of March the trip will be cancelled.

Replys from original post 

Re: South West Meeting 30th March 2014

Submitted by tony.bruegger on Fri, 17/01/2014 - 21:50.

count me in - have'nt been to big pit for a long time !

Submitted by KevinStuttgart on Sat, 18/01/2014 - 18:48.

Thanks Tony your on the list full details will be provided about last week of Feb. Look forward to meeting you before then.

Pistonhead's picture

Submitted by Pistonhead on Fri, 17/01/2014 - 21:26.

Well done South West Region,

Sounds like a trip worth going to and wishing for you to be sold out!

Rakesh

gav.helme's picture

Submitted by gav.helme on Sat, 18/01/2014 - 18:51.

Good luck with the trip out Kev, it sounds like a good day is in store...

I hope you get a full attendance as reward for the time and effort involved laugh

I would like to be a passenger in Mr Bruegger's vehicle that day....that would be worth every penny devil

Maybe later in the year for me if i can clear through all the ongoing projects and eventually get my G project started.... angry

All the best

Gav

KevinStuttgart's picture

Submitted by KevinStuttgart on Sat, 18/01/2014 - 18:49.

Thanks Rakesh, so far probable 3 G's confirmed. Not bad for 2 days.

Pistonhead's picture

Submitted by Pistonhead on Mon, 27/01/2014 - 13:44.

I just thought of helping Kevin's efforts; in his attempt to arrange the first regional meeting for the South West area.

This thread is being pushed out of sight by newer and newer postings; I do not want forum members to forget it.

There are still spaces available and the minimum number, I think, may not have been met. Please people, don't let Kevins' efforts go in vain and do sign up.