Assistance from 300GE owners - idle air valve

8 replies [Last post]
M2dxb
M2dxb's picture

Hello G people,

I've got an intermittent idle issue with my engine M103.987 and want to swap out the idle air actuator from a known working engine with no idle or stalling issues, to see whether that is the problem. A new part is £200+ so I would rather not get it unless it is necessary.

If you have a 300GE sitting around not being used much, and can do without the part for a few days, I will cover your costs. Alternatively if you are near Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire I can come along and do the "testing" at your place, and I hope that won't take long.

Part details:
Mercedes part number: A000 141 22 25
Bosch part number: 0 280 140 510.

It sits under the air cleaner, with 2 hoses connected to it and 1 electrical plug (2 pin).
Part no.14 in the picture attached.

Thanks!
M2

Login or register to view attached files
stevo
stevo's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: Assistance from 300GE owners - idle air valve

Hi try  Euro car parts , genuine part bosch is about £75 plus postage rgds stevo

M2dxb
M2dxb's picture

Thanks, I hadn't looked there.

After looking, only part that sounds vaguely like it is "Bosch Idler Control" £178.80!

That might have been an old price?

stevo
stevo's picture

Hi i brought the same idle control valve with electrical plug and 2 male air outlets for rubber hose attachment either side for same engine in saloon merc and it was less then £80 in febuary this year , dont look on the internet of euros website their prices are more ring head office i think at wembley london and they will send out post , quote bosch number on part and they will cross ref it good luck stevo

M2dxb
M2dxb's picture

Thanks for the tip - I should give that a try.

M2dxb
M2dxb's picture

Update- I rang ECP this morning, with the Bosch number, and unfortunately it is the same price as the website - £175! The price went up £100 in 4 months...what a rip off.

prwales
prwales's picture

might be worth raiding your local scrap yard as there are a fair few w124 300E's out there

stevo
stevo's picture

wow thats a price increase ! , try website sl pagoda .com speak to john very reasonable on price on secondhand parts and very helpful , regards stevo

M2dxb
M2dxb's picture

prwales - thanks for the tip, I have not checked locally yet as they tend not to do MBs, but I guess I never know...they might have the odd one.

stevo - thanks for the SL site, that is one big operation! Will take some exploring later on...