My Excellent w460 G is to be sold

3 replies [Last post]
montreal
montreal's picture

Just wanted to make sure you all saw my advert. Spread the word. I'm looking for a new one so wont be going anywhere.

Here's what spewed out earlier.....

The time has come to sell my 1984 280GE LWB. I've lovingly maintainted it and turned it into a great driving car.

The car has been very well looked after and shows barely any corrosion. It had one owner for it's 1st 20 years that spen a fortune on it. It has not ben restored as it didnt need it (just sympathetic work and maintainance). Mileage has just gone over 100k miles and is genuine. i have 3 folders of bills and original documents from new. It is Astral Silver with near perfect paint (few scuffs being touch ups being done at bodyshop this week) but no major rust or holes. I bought the best I could find and have replaced: All tyres, all shocks, rear springs, track rod AND drag link, Uprated to Bilstein steering damper, front pads and brake fluid, Power steering and diff-lock fluid, Automatic Gearbox, Engine and diff Oil (Mobil) ,steering swivels and seals, wheel bearings (Mercedes parts) I have re-painted and greased all propshafts and changed to low maintainance angled grease nipples last week. The car has perfect 'small check ' grey sets and door panels, unmarked headling and perfect vinyl floor. The engine bay was coated in Wax for many years but I have now cleaned it to show gleaming factory grey beneath with NO rust. Has original Merc jack, Original Merc tookit, New 'Gloria' fire extinguisher under dash, Diavia under dash air-conditioning unit (needs £200 condensor and re-gas) but does work very well once done.  New front light and wing top indicator 'brush guards'. The car has manual windows (driver side needs new cable to be perfect) and manual locks. The buyer may also purchase a set of new rear light brush guards which I have not fitted yet (for good price). New MOT and tax.

Both difflocks and indication lights work perfectly off-road as does the transfer box. Engages 4 wheel drive at any speed. 
New  spots with stone grilles. Bosch Fuel system recently tuned (has lots of power), steering box and tracking fettled for finger tip control. Jet washed and Waxoyld  monthy without fail. Does 16-18mpg on a fast motorway run. The car has been a wonderful tool in our rural setting and pulls anything with it's factory fitted towbar and carries alot when needed. It's a 9 seater and is registered as London congestion charge exempt. It really has been looked after as a 'classic car' and is a super 'G'. Priced realistically at best offer over £8,700. No part Ex.

CONTACT ME ON 01691 649607 or PM 

Del crying

Login or register to view attached files
Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members
Re: My Excellent w460 G is to be sold

Neat.

montreal
montreal's picture

Just a quick reminder to anyone looking for a nice original G. It's on EBay and rising steadily. One day to go. Item number 121186178892

thanks

D

foneman
foneman's picture