Nearside electric window 280GE

1 reply [Last post]
Dan
Dan's picture

Mine has stopped working.  I think it is the motor as power seems to be getting to it.  I have seen the price of the new window regulator assembly!!!.  Any tips on how to fix it or a compatable part.

Thanks in advance.

KR

Pistonhead
Pistonhead's picture
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members
Re: Nearside electric window 280GE

Hello Dan,

Sorry to be brief, but previously I had drafted a comprehensive answer to your problem but lost it all in sending or saving the thread, it just erased everything, not having the patients to redraft in the same format, I hope this brief is just as informative.

Push on the switch more firmly to see if operation becomes more positive,or swap switches with the other side to see if the problem transfers, if so, renew switches.

Failing this you will need to look at the regulator, check the socket connections and condition at the motor, clean as necessary. If that does not work, you will need to condition the motor itself, strip and clean as much as possible.

Whilst you are in the vicinity, note all information off the motor, any motor numbers etc, etc... I have found a source in Germany who can supply motors at almost half the price of the a regulator; my enquiry at the time was for a W463 model.

You can PM me this info. You have not mentioned if it is the front or rear window you have problems with, I am assuming it is the front.

Cheers,