Upper shock absorber mounting problems on 300 GDS

3 replies [Last post]
Audiominx
Audiominx's picture

Have just got my first G three weeks ago and one of the rear upper shock absorber mountings has detached itself from the chassis (no, I wasn't driving it like a dune buggy!). My garage says it is beyond welding and we wondered if anyone has fabricated such a mounting, rather than having to replace the chassis, which is good overall.
Can I buy the shock mountings (i.e. the bar that comes off the chassis) separately? Help! I can't play with my new toy at the moment. It's off-road for all the wrong reasons. Would be very grateful for any advice if people have had this problem before. They do seem to collect mud, so is it a bit of a design fault?

phileas
phileas's picture
GWOA Groups: Members
Re: Upper shock absorber mounting problems on 300 GDS

hi. afraid i can't help you with your present problem, except to say that this is a fairly common rust spot on the g so therefore imagine that there must be somebody reproducing this part. try guido in germany for spares: believe its called a federteller in german. good luck/ph

M2dxb
M2dxb's picture

Hi I believe it is available from your local stealer if you have the part number, and not too dear. I think this is the same part for sale in Germany:
http://g-manufaktur.de/shop/index.php?cat=c65_2-10-1-Rahmen-Anschwei-tei...

Audiominx
Audiominx's picture

Hi
Thanks for the info. I now have it repaired and it was not too expensive either. Got the bits from the G Wagen Company (found them on the net). According to the garage they were genuine MB ones which I was surprised about as the local MB dealership had no idea what I was on about when I rung them.
Anyway,' 'tis done
Thanks
Caroline