Tel Aviv - Silver 463 LWB, Double doors

4 replies [Last post]
Jdring
Jdring's picture
Location: South of Oxford, UK. 87' 230GE SWB Manual, 89' 230GE SWB Auto, 2012 G350Bluetec LWB
GWOA Groups: Committee, Members

A bit off the normal track - G on the seafrontage in Tel Aviv.  Passed at night, back on 13th July 2011, and quickly stopped to take a pic to see it had double rear doors.  My battery was too low for flash to work!
Not sure of the engine/model.  I liked the high level rear stop light - is that normal?

Don't suppose it is anyone on GWOA?

Login or register to view attached files
M2dxb
M2dxb's picture
Re: Tel Aviv - Silver 463 LWB, Double doors

Armoured to B6 level, looks like, perhaps the owner prefers you not to photograph the vehicle..eheh

hus55
hus55's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

Interesting G. looks to me like a 460 with a 463 facelift. could be an early 463 as it has no wind deflectors on the front rain gutters by the windscreen. also has normal 460-463 front wheel arches but G55 rear wheel arches [which cost a fortune!!!]
rear 3rd brake light looks like an add on.

16" ashtroth alloys.....

i wonder who owns it ?

Luky
Luky's picture

From the pictures it looks like an old G500 Guard from 1999-2001, probably from an embassy or formerly deployed in Iraq. I am not 100% sure, but I think Gs are not officialy sold in Israel and the Israeli govermental agencies don´t use MBs at all(I think it has something to do with the nazis useing them during the war).

Spider1V
Spider1V's picture
GWOA Groups: Members

Wonder if it is one of the old G500 'Guards' that have been given to the UK Embassy? I know that some of the UK High Commissions/Embassy's do use G Wagens ' in an unofficial' capacity. Maybe some one was borrowing it from there?

I believe you can order a G from MB international and it can be delivered to any of the 5 main dealers in Israel or even order direct. I don;t suppose there are any GWOA members from the Holy Land who could comment?

Spider1V